Jay Milano Attorney and Counselor at Law
Jay Milano first spoke in court during a murder trial and has practiced at that level of intensity for 25 years. Initially concentrating on criminal defense, his clients have included Calvin “Snoop Dogg” Broadus, Hell’s Angels, sports figures, doctors, judges, and lawyers, as well as an uncountable number of people who just needed help. He has tried not guilty verdict cases involving the death penalty, multiple murders, the death of an infant (wrongly believed to have been assaulted), and the death of a toddler (wrongly believed to be the victim of Shaken Baby). He is nationally known as a defender of those falsely accused of sexual assault on children, having successfully defended the comedian Roseanne’s father when she accused him of abuse. He led the team that freed Jenny Wilcox, who had been incarcerated for 11 years for sex crimes she did not commit. He regularly represents professionals accused of crimes, executives, doctors, and lawyers. Mr. Milano led the exposure of corruption within the Catholic Church and the profound harm it caused the victims of abuse. His practice in not limited to criminal cases. As a 20 year Professor of trial tactics at Case Western Reserve School of Law, Mr. Milano knows and teaches that trial concepts are the same, whether criminal or civil. As a result he regularly ties malpractice personal injury, defamation and business cases. He has won for clients numerous judgments exceeding $1,000,000.00. Jay Milano has also consulted and has been qualified as an expert in the ethics and standards of lawyers. He often represents professionals, doctors, lawyers, and judges on issues of professional conduct.
Current Elected Office
- Rocky River Board of Education
Current Faculty Positions
- Professor, Case Western Reserve University College of Law – Adjunct Faculty, “Trial Tactics”
Previous Faculty Positions
- Professor, Case Western Reserve University College of Law – Adjunct Faculty, “Lawyering Process”
- Professor, Capitol University College of Law – “Schweikert Chair” On Criminal Justice
- President, Cuyahoga County Bar Association
- Founding President, Ohio Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- President, Cuyahoga Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Council of Delegates, Ohio State Bar Association
- Chair, Criminal Law Committee: Cleveland Bar Association, Cuyahoga County Bar Association
- Member, Mensa
Mr. Milano presents approximately 4 to 6 times per year, on issues relating to both civil and criminal trials. He has appeared for: the Ohio State Bar Association, the Ohio Academy of Trial Lawyers, the Cleveland Bar Association, the Cuyahoga County Bar Association, the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and the Ohio Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.
Mr. Milano has acted as an on air legal consultant for both NBC and CBS, as well as WTAM Radio. He has been featured, as have two of his cases, on “60 Minutes.” He has appeared on NBC Nightly News, CNN and NPR.